What is a default gateway?
In most local networks, the default gateway is the Wi-fi router. It allows you to reach servers and devices outside of your network.
What is a default gateway address?
Your default gateway address will usually be your router’s IP address. When troubleshooting, you may need to access your modem gateway and make some tweaks to your modem settings.
How to find the default gateway of your modem router?
You can find your default gateway address through a computer or on your phone. Whether you’re using Windows, MacOs, iOS, or Android, here’s everything you need to know.
You can try any of the 2 options below:
Using Control Panel to find Default Gateway IP Address in Windows
1. Type Control Panel in the Windows search box (usually located at the bottom left of the screen), and hit Enter when it appears.
2. Click the Network and Internet.
3. Click the Network and Sharing Center.
4. Under the Network and Sharing Center window, click Ethernet.
5. Click Details.
6. Find your gateway IP address listed next to IPv4 Default Gateway.
Using Command Prompt to find Default Gateway IP Address in Windows
1. Press the Windows key + R keys on your keyboard.
2. Type cmd and press Enter.
3. Type ipconfig command in the Command Prompt window.
4. Find your gateway IP address listed next to Default Gateway.
Click the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of the screen. Then select System Preferences.
3. Click Advanced
4. Click the TCP/IP tab. Your router’s gateway will appear next to Router:
How to Find Default Gateway IP Address on Linux?
1. Click the Settings icon on the left sidebar.
2. On the settings sidebar, scroll down and click the Network option. Select the connection settings icon.
3. Find your gateway IP address listed next to Default Route.
Go to your Settings and select Wi-Fi.
Select the i, which appears beside the network connection.
Your default gateway address will appear under Router.
Select Settings and Wi-Fi.
Select your network connection.
Select Modify network, and Advanced options.
Change your IPv4 setting to Static.
Your default gateway IP address will appear under Gateway.