If this is the first time you've opened Thunderbird, the Mail Account Setup window will appear automatically (continue to step 2). Otherwise, go to File on the top bar and select Mail Account.
2. Fill in your name, email address and password.
• Your Name: Enter your full name (or the name you'd like people to see when you send them email from this account).
• Email Address: Enter the SpinTel email address you're setting up.
• Password: Enter the password for the email address you're setting up.
Then click on Continue.
3. Now Thunderbird will try and detect your mail settings. This won't work so you'll need to enter them yourself (see information below the screenshot if you need help with this).
• Username: Enter the username (without @spin.net.au) and password for the email address you're setting up.
• Incoming: Enter pop3.spintel.net.au
• Outgoing: Enter smtp.spintel.net.au
When you've finished, click on Re-test Configuration.
4. Thunderbird will take a minute to check the settings you've entered.
• If your settings are correct, it'll say The following settings were found by trying common server names or Thunderbird has found the settings for your account, click on Create Account and move to the next step
• If there's a problem, make sure your settings match the screenshot in step 3 and click on Re-test Configuration.
5. You'll see a warning screen like the one below. To continue you'll need to tick I understand the risks and click on Create Account.
6. Select Tools and click on Account Settings.
7. Select Outgoing Server (SMTP) on the left hand menu, choose the SMTP account (smtp.spintel.net.au) and click Edit on the right.
8. Make sure the settings match those shown below the screenshot.
• Server Name should be smtp.spintel.net.au and the Port should be 25.
• Connection Security is set to None.
• Authentication method is set to No authentication (this will grey out the User Name box, so you can't edit it)
Click on OK once you've finished entering these details.
9. That's everything you need to do. Click OK again to finish. Click Get Mail and your email will be downloaded to your Inbox.
Congratulations, you have successfully set up your email address.