Choose a topic below to fast forward to a section
- Steps on how to set up the modem
- Connecting to your router's Wi-Fi network
- Internet connection cannot be established
- What should I do if the Internet speed is slow?
- How do I restore my modem back to factory settings?
Steps on how to set up the modem
- The B818 uses a Micro SIM card and should come pre-inserted into your device. When troubleshooting, make sure to have the modem turned off when inserting/removing the SIM card, as this may affect performance or damage the SIM card.
To insert the SIM card, open the SIM card cover and insert the SIM card gently inside the SIM card slot as shown on the image above until it clicks. To remove the SIM card, just simply press the SIM card until it clicks and it will pop up.
2. Plug the modem into a power source and power on your modem (it may take a couple of minutes to complete the boot up sequence).
The indicators will turn on when the router has successfully connected to a network.
Connecting to your router's WiFi network
Once the router has connected to a mobile data network, you can connect your computer or mobile phone to the router's Wi-Fi network to access the Internet.
Please refer to the label on the bottom of the router for the default Wi-Fi network name (Wi-Fi Name) and password (Wi-Fi Password).
If the MODE indicator is red or an Internet connection cannot be established:
- Check if the SIM card is inserted correctly and securely.
- If the issue persists, restore the modem to its factory settings (steps below) and try again.
- Contact us to check if your SIM card is out of service, or if it has been activated.
What should I do if the Internet speed is slow?
- Check the signal indicators on the modem. If it shows weak signal, consider placing your modem near the window for better reception.
- If your device is connected to the modem over Wi-Fi, adjust your device's position to receive better signal.
- Switch to Wi-Fi 5 GHz if it is supported by your device.
- Restart the modem and your device, and try again.
- Check if you have reached your data limit for the month.
How do I restore my modem back to factory settings?
With your modem turned ON, follow the steps below:
- Use a pointed object to press down on the reset button.
2. Release the power button after 5 seconds, or until the power indicator will switch off.
3. The modem will reboot automatically after a few minutes and your settings will be restored to its factory default. Test the service.