In this article, we'll go through what you need to do to transfer your mobile phone number to SpinTel from another carrier.
Before you switch
You'll need to make sure of the following:
- You must be the account holder with your current service provider
- Your number is currently active
- You have access to the current mobile number
- Check with your current provider about early termination fees
Note: SpinTel is not liable for any fees or charges incurred by your previous service provider.
How to transfer your number
When you sign up to a SpinTel mobile service, we'll ask you if you'd like to keep your mobile number.
To protect our customers from unauthorised transfers/ports, an additional identity verification process is in place.
You'll receive a once-off verification code via SMS to the mobile number you wish to transfer over. You'll then need to provide the code back to us before we go ahead with the transfer.
If you're signing up online, you'll need to provide the code when prompted.
You can follow a step by step guide here.
Note: Once your number has switched over to SpinTel, your current service will be disconnected.
How long will it take?
It can take 15 mins to 24 hours for the transfer to be complete. Transfers to SpinTel are completed between the following timeframes:
- Mon-Fri: 8am-8pm AEST
- Saturdays: 10am-6pm AEST (except national public holidays)
For requests outside of these hours, your service will remain active with your existing provider until the next day.
Didn’t request a number transfer?
If you suspect that your mobile number has been fraudulently transferred/ported, you should immediately report the activity to
Australia Federal Police:
State or Territory Police:
- Call 131 444
- Visit https://police.act.gov.au/ (ACT)
- Visit https://police.nsw.gov.au/ (NSW)
- Visit https://pfes.nt.gov.au/police (NT)
- Visit https://police.qld.gov.au/ (QLD)
- Visit https://police.sa.gov.au/ (SA)
- Visit https://police.tas.gov.au/ (TAS)
- Visit https://police.vic.gov.au/ (VIC)
- Visit https://police.wa.gov.au/ (WA)
If you're experiencing SIM activation issues, see SIM replacement & activation help.