If you are bringing your own Netcomm modem, please check the steps below to configure it. The sample modem used is NF8AC. If your modem has a different interface, you may refer to this article.
How Do You Connect Your Modem?
Depending on your NBN connection type, connect one of the following:
If there is no NBN Connection Box installed, connect the DSL port at the back of your modem to your phone wall socket using a phone cable.
If there is an NBN Connection Box installed, connect the WAN port at the back of your Netcomm NF18ACV modem to your NBN Connection Box.
Connect the Phone 1 port on the back of your modem to your telephone handset, if there’s any
Connect any of the 4 LAN ports on the back of your modem to your PC (optional)
Connect the Power port on the back of your modem to your power socket
To get connected via your Netcomm NF8AC modem, you'll need to log into your modem gateway. Note: This can be done on most mobile devices, but we recommend doing these steps with your PC if you have one.
How Do You Log Into Your Netcomm NF8AC Modem?
To access the modem interface, please make sure your device is connected to your modem through a wired or wireless connection.
1. From your browser, type in 192.168.20.1 in the address bar and hit Enter
If the IP address does not work or if it has been changed, check your router's IP address. For instructions, click here.
2. Enter admin in the username and password field then click OK
How Do You Set Up Your Netcomm NF8AC Modem?
Once logged in, you will be prompted with the below screen.
1. Click on the Yes, start the setup Wizard button then follow the screen prompts.
2. Choose the correct internet service and select PPPoE for the connection type.
3. Enter the username and password provided to you via email and click Next.
4. Personalise your Wi-Fi credentials and hit Next to proceed until you reach the Summary Page. A confirmation will show if the setup is successful.
Alternatively, you can go directly to the main menu.
Select the name under description to edit an existing configuration, if there's any.
VDSL for FTTN/B service
Ethernet WAN for FTTC, FTTP, HFC or Fixed Wireless service.
Select PPPoE for the connection type, then enter the username and password provided to you via email. Click Update to save the new settings.
Note: If there's nothing displayed on the table for the current connection, simply click Create New and supply the information needed same as above and Apply.
Wait 3-5 minutes for your Netcomm NF8AC modem to go online, then test the service. Reboot modem if needed.