How Do You Connect Your DLink Modem?
Depending on your nbn connection type, connect one of the following:
If there is no NBN Connection Box installed, connect the DSL port at the back of your router to your phone wall socket.
If there is an NBN Connection Box installed, connect the WAN port at the back of your router to your NBN Connection Box.
Connect the Phone 1 port on the back of your router to your telephone handset, if there’s any
Connect any of the 4 LAN ports on the back of your router to your PC (optional)
Connect the Power port on the back of your router to your power socket
To get connected via your DLINK modem, you'll need to log into your modem gateway.
Note: This can be done on most mobile devices, but we recommend doing these steps with your PC if you have one.
How Do You Log in To Your DLink Modem?
To access the modem interface, please make sure your device is connected to your modem through a wired or wireless connection.
1. From your browser, type in http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit enter.
If the IP address does not work or if it has been changed, check your router's IP address. For instructions, click here.
2. If prompted with a login screen, click Log In to proceed. No password is enabled by default. Otherwise, log in with the password you set for the modem router.
How Do You Set up your DLink modem?
If your DLink modem interface uses the orange version, click here to go directly.
The router’s home page will open displaying the current connection status. Click the Click to Repair button to run the Setup Wizard.
2. Hit Next
3. Select your WAN Access Type according to your service.
Use ADSL only if you are connecting through an ADSL service
For FTTN or FTTB NBN service, choose VDSL.
For FTTC, FTTP, HFC and Fixed Wireless NBN service, choose Ethernet
Then look for SpinTel on the ISP list, otherwise, select Not Listed and click Next.
4. Enter the username and password provided to you via email when the order was completed and hit Next.
5. Personalise your WiFi credentials and click on Next
6. In order to help protect your router from unauthorised users, please enter a new password.
You will be prompted for this password every time you want to use the router’s web configuration utility. Click Next to continue.
7. You will be presented with a summary of your settings. Click Next to finalize the settings. At the end of the wizard, you will be presented with a final summary of your settings.
Click Finish to close the wizard. The device will then reboot.
All is set, run a test once the DLink modem is back ON.
Orange Interface version
1. Once logged in, select Manual Internet Connection Setup or Internet Connection Setup Wizard and follow the prompts to set up
Select the internet connection type according to your service (once prompted)
ADSL - for ADSL service
VDSL - for FTTN/B service
Ethernet WAN - for FTTP, HFC, FTTC or Fixed Wireless service
2. Change your Internet Connection type to PPPoE and enter the username and password provided to you via email. Click Save to apply the new settings.
Wait 3-5 minutes for your DLink modem to go online, then test the service. Reboot modem if needed.