In this article, we'll show you how to change your WiFi network name and password. You can find the default Wi-Fi network name and password printed on the sticker on the bottom of your modem, or on the card you received packaged with your modem.
Before you can change Your Wi-Fi network name and password, you'll need to find your login for the modem settings page. This can be found printed on the sticker on the bottom of your modem.
- Connect your PC, laptop, smartphone, or tablet to the modem. You can use Wi-Fi or one of the 3 LAN ports on the bottom of your device
- Open a web browser and enter https://192.168.1.254 into the address bar. You'll now be connected to your modem's settings page
- From the main screen, click the, Status tab → Home networking
- From the LAN Wireless info table, you'll see the Wireless 2.4GHz and Wireless 5GHz connection types
- Click the Settings tab next to the wireless connection type you wish to change
- From the SSID configuration table, enter your preferred WiFi network name in the SSID name field. To change your WiFi password, enter your preferred password in the WPA KEY field
- Click Save
- You may wish to repeat the process to change both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless connection types.
Tip: You should always pick a password that's strong, secure and easy to remember
Important: If you perform a factory reset, the WiFi network name and password will be changed back to its default.