To get connected via your ASUS modem, you'll need to log into your modem gateway. Note: This can be done on most mobile devices, but we recommend doing these steps with your PC if you have one.
Logging into your modem
With your device connected through wired or wireless to your modem, launch a web browser and enter “192.168.1.1” in the address bar, then press [Enter].
If the IP address does not work or if it has been changed, check your router's IP address. For instructions, click here.
2. Enter admin for both the username and password and click Login. If you have changed the login credentials, please enter the current username and password for your modem interface.
How Do You Set Up Your ASUS X8 Modem?
1. Once logged in, go to Advanced Settings > WAN > Dual WAN tab and make sure Dual WAN is disabled.
2. For FTTP, FTTC, HFC and FW service, set Primary WAN to Ethernet WAN | LAN Port4. (This will be the port that you need to connect your WAN Network cable into)
For FTTN/B service, select DSL for the Primary WAN. Hit Apply to save the changes.
3. Next, go to Advanced Settings > WAN > Internet Connection tab
For FTTP, FTTC, HFC and FW service, select WAN for the WAN type
For FTTN/B service, select DSL and VDSL WAN (PTM)
From the WAN Connection Type dropdown list, select PPPoE.
Enter the username and password provided in your email when the service was activated.
4. Click Apply to update the settings.
Wait 3-5 minutes for the ASUS X8 modem to go online, then test the service.