Is TP-Link TD-W8960N Modem NBN Ready?
To get connected via your TP-Link TD-W8960N modem, you'll need to log into your modem gateway.
Note: This can be done on most mobile devices, but we recommend doing these steps with your PC if you have one.
How Do You Log in To Your TP-Link TD-W8960N Modem?
To access the modem interface, please make sure your device is connected to your modem through a wired or wireless connection.
If the IP address does not work or if it has been changed, check your router's IP address. For instructions, click here.
2. If prompted with a login screen, Enter admin for the Username and Password, both in lower case letters. Then click the Login button or press the Enter key.
How Do You Set up Your TP-Link TD-W8960N Modem?
2. After your successful login, you will see the Quick Setup Wizard. Click Next to continue.
Wan Connection Type will appear, select ETHERNET WAN for the WAN Type.
Enter the username and password provided to you via email when the order was completed and click on Next.
Personalise your Wi-Fi credentials and click on Next. Follow the prompts (details below) until it reaches the Summary page and you're all set.
Click the Save button to complete the Quick Setup.
If the Setup Wizard fails,
1. You will see the main menus on the left of the Web-based utility. On the right, there are the corresponding explanations and instructions.
2. Go to Advanced setup > Wan Service
3. You will see the WAN Port Information Table in the screen and you can choose remove and then click add button and you will enter the next screen.
4. Select the WAN service type. If your ISP provides a PPPoE connection, select PPPoE. You can create a service name for the Service Description or leave it as default. Then click Next.
5. Enter the username and password provided to you via email when the order was completed and click on Next.
6. Click Save to apply the changes.
Wait 3-5 minutes for your TP-Link TD-W8960N modem to go online, then test the service.