Before You Start
DSL Modem Router Mode
When working in DSL Modem Router mode, Deco connects to the internet via a phone cable.
Set Up Your Deco as A Wireless Router
Connect your Deco to the NBN box and power them both on.
To configure the modem, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install the Deco app - Go to Google Play or the App Store to download the Deco app. Install the app on your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.
2. Log in with TP-Link ID - Open the app. Use your TP-Link ID to log in. Tap "Forgot Password" if you forgot the login password. Otherwise, click Sign Up if you don’t have a TP-Link ID.
3. Identify your Deco - Choose your Deco model
4. Choose an operation mode - Choose DSL Modem Router if you have FTTN/B service; Choose Wireless Router if you have FTTP, FTTC, HFC or FW service.
5. Plug in and power on Deco - Connect your Deco directly to the phone jack with the provided phone cable. If you have an NBN box, connect your Deco to the NBN box, then Power it ON.
6. Connect to the Deco's Wi-Fi - Wait until the Wi-Fi Signal LED pulses blue,
then connect to the Deco's Wi-Fi using the default SSID printed on the product label.
7. Select a location - Select a location for this Deco. If its location is not listed, you can create a new one by choosing Custom. This will be the name of your Deco
8. Select your ISP - Choose your current region and ISP (Internet Service Provider). If you can not find SpinTel in the list, select Other and hit Next to continue.
9. Set up internet connection - Select PPPoE for the connection type and enter the NBN username and password provided to you when the order was completed.
10. Create your Wi-Fi network - Set a network name and a password. These will be the name and password you use to connect your devices to Wi-Fi. Hit Next to proceed
11. Connect to your Wi-Fi network - Connect your devices to the Deco's new Wi-Fi.
12. Setup complete - Your Deco network is now up. Connect all devices to the network. You can also add more Deco units to expand the Wi-Fi coverage.
Test the service. Reboot the modem if necessary.