Is Netgear XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Modem NBN Ready?
How Do You Connect Your Netgear XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Modem?
Depending on your nbn connection type, connect to one of the following:
1. If there is no NBN Connection Box installed, connect the internet port on the back of your modem to your phone wall socket using a phone cable.
If there is an NBN Connection Box installed, connect the NBN Connection Box to the Internet on the back of your modem.
2. Connect any of the LAN ports on the back of your modem to your PC (optional)
3. Connect the power port on the back of your Netgear XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming modem to your power socket.
4. Plug the NBN connection box, if there’s any, into the power socket
How Do You Log in To Your Netgear XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Modem?
To get connected via your Netgear XR500 modem, you'll need to log into your modem gateway.
Note: This can be done on most mobile devices, but we recommend doing these steps with your PC if you have one.
If the IP address does not work or if it has been changed, check your router's IP address. For instructions, click here.
2. Enter the router admin username and password.
The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time
you logged in.
How Do You Set up Your Netgear XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Modem?
To configure your modem, follow the steps below
1. Go to Settings > Setup > Internet Setup.
The Internet Setup page displays.
2. Select Yes for Does your Internet connection require a login?
3. From the Internet Service Provider menu, select PPPoE for the encapsulation method
4. Enter the username (login name) and password provided to you via email
5. Click the Apply button to save the new settings
Wait 3-5 minutes for the modem to go online, then test the service.
How to Change the WiFi Name and Password on Your Netgear XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Modem?
You can find the default SSID (or WiFi name) and password on the router label.
To modify the network name and password on your Netgear XR500 Nighthawk modem:
1. Once logged in, select Settings > Setup > Wireless Setup.
The Wireless Settings page displays.
You can specify the settings for the 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band.
2. Type your new name in the Name (SSID) field.
3. Under Security Options, select a WPA option.
The WPA2 options use the newest standard for the strongest security. WPA2-PSK
[AES] is the default setting.
The Passphrase field displays.
4. In the Passphrase field, enter the network key (password)
5. Click the Apply button to save the changes.
Note: Make sure to reconnect your devices over WiFi to the network with its new security.