To get connected via your TP-Link TD-W9980 modem, you'll need to log into your modem gateway.
Note: This can be done on most mobile devices, but we recommend doing these steps with your PC if you have one.
Logging into your modem
To access modem gateway, enter http://tplinkmodem.net or http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar of a web browser. If the IP address does not work or if it has been changed, check your router's IP address. For instructions, click here.
Note: The interface on the sample below may differ from your modem depending on the type of hardware version used.
1. Log in with the account you set for the modem router, otherwise check the default username and password on the sticker of your modem.
2. Once logged in, click Quick Setup and hit Next.
3. Next, select your region and time zone. Hit Next to continue.
The modem router supports two modes: xDSL Modem Router Mode and Wireless Router Mode. Choose xDSL modem router mode if you are connecting to the VDSL port (FTTN/B services), wireless router mode if you are connecting through WAN port.
4. Look for SpinTel on the ISP List, otherwise select Other if not listed.
Select VDSL for the interface type, VLAN ID unticked (if shown) and PPPoE for the Connection type.
5. Enter the username and password provided to you via email when the order was completed. Hit Next to continue.
Personalise your WiFi credentials and click on Next until it reaches the Summary.
Wait 3-5 minutes for the modem to go online, then test the service.