Is D Link DSL-2888A Wireless AC1600 NBN Ready?
How Do You Connect Your D Link DSL-2888A Modem?
Depending on your nbn connection type, connect one of the following:
If there is no NBN Connection Box installed, connect the DSL port at the back of your modem to your phone wall socket.
If there is an NBN Connection Box installed, connect the WAN port at the back of your modem to your NBN Connection Box.
Connect any of the 4 LAN ports on the back of your router to your PC (optional)
Connect the Power port on the back of your router to your power socket
To get connected via your D Link DSL-2888A modem, you'll need to log into your modem gateway.
Note: This can be done on most mobile devices, but we recommend doing these steps with your PC if you have one.
How Do You Log in To Your D Link DSL-2888A Modem?
To access the modem interface, please make sure your device is connected to your modem through a wired or wireless connection.
1. From your browser, type in http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit Enter.
If the IP address does not work or if it has been changed, check your router's IP address. For instructions, click here.
2. If prompted with a login screen, click Log In to proceed. No password is enabled by default. Otherwise, log in with the password you set for the modem router.
How Do You Set Up Your D Link DSL-2888A Modem?
Once logged in, the Setup Wizard shows up, click Next to continue
If your D Link DSL-2888A modem does not detect a valid Internet connection, a list of connection types to choose from will be displayed.
Select PPPoE for the connection type and enter the username and password provided to you via email when the order was completed.
Personalise your WiFi credentials and click on Next. Follow the prompts (details below) until it reaches the Summary page and you're all set.
The Setup Wizard can also be found on the home page:
1. The router’s home page displays the current connection status. Click the Click to Repair button to run the Setup Wizard.
2. Hit Next
3. Select your WAN access type:
ADSL - for ADSL service
VDSL - for FTTN or FTTB service
Ethernet - for FTTC, HFC, FTTP or Fixed Wireless service
Note: If prompted, VLAN tagged should NOT be enabled
Look for SpinTel on the ISP list, otherwise select Not Listed and click Next.
4. Enter the username and password provided to you via email when the order was completed and hit Next.
5. Personalise your WiFi credentials and click on Next
6. In order to help protect your router from unauthorised users, please enter a new password. You will be prompted for this password every time you want to use the router’s web configuration utility. Click Next to continue.
7. You will be presented with a summary of your settings. Click Next to finalize the settings. At the end of the wizard, you will be presented with a final summary of your settings.
Click Finish to close the wizard. The device will then reboot.
Wait 3-5 minutes for your D Link DSL-2888A modem to go online, then test the service.