To get connected via your Belkin modem, you'll need to log into your modem gateway.
Note: This can be done on most mobile devices, but we recommend doing these steps with your PC if you have one.
Logging into your modem
To access modem gateway, enter http://192.168.2.1 in the address bar of a web browser. If the IP address does not work or if it has been changed, check your router's IP address. For instructions, click here.
- Log in with the account you set for the modem router, otherwise check the default username and password on the sticker of your modem. (See below for the other interface version)
- Once logged in, the Modem Router’s Welcome page should appear.
You can either click on “Set it up manually” and follow the prompts to complete the setup (details below)
Or go directly to the "Dashboard" and click on the Advanced Settings drop down arrow to display the options as below and select ISP Connection Type
2. Either you select "Set it up manually" or the "Dashboard" option on the welcome screen, select PPPoE Connection for the type of connection
3. Enter the username and password provided to you via email when the order was completed, then push Try my connection or the Save button.
Wait 3-5 minutes for the modem to go online, then test the service. Reboot modem if needed.
If you have this interface version, see snip below for reference:
- Once logged in, click on Internet WAN and select Connection Type
- Set the Connection type to PPPoE and click Next
Enter the information provided in your email and click Apply Changes