If you've received your SpinTel 5G Wireless Modem your service is ready to use straight out of the box.
In this article, we'll explain how to install the 5G Wireless Modem and connect your devices.
What’s included in my self-installation kit?
In the box you'll receive:
1 x Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway (i.e. modem)
1 X Power supply
1 X AC cable
1 X Quick Start Guide
1 x NANO SIM card (pre-inserted into your device)
- Remove the device from its packaging. Make sure to peel the protective plastic film from the top of the device before connecting the modem
- If possible, place the modem as close to a window as possible. You'll need to make sure there's a power outlet close by the window
- Plug one end of the AC power cord into the back of the modem. Plug the other end of the power cord into the power supply
- Power on the modem using the on/off button underneath the device. You'll see the LED light on the top of the device light up
Checking the status lights
Centre LED light (4G/5G signal)
5G LED (5G signal)
5 white signal direction lights
- The modem will boot up and begin searching for a signal. The search process can take a few minutes to complete If the centre light and/or the 5G light are ON, the modem is connected If the centre light is red, try repositioning the modem. If it remains red, you'll need to contact us
- Once you're connected, the modem will automatically update the firmware. This may take up to 24 hours so don't worry if the modem resets or speeds are slower in the first 24 hours
- After 24 hours the centre LED and/or the 5G LED will be green and you're ready to connect your device to the WiFi If the centre LED light is red this means there's no connection (4G or 5G)
Finding the best 5G signal
The SpinTel 5G Wireless Modem may receive a stronger connection in certain locations of your home. We suggest placing the modem as close to a window as possible. For handy tips, see finding the best 5G signal.
Connecting your devices to the modem
The Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway features 3 Ethernet ports and WiFi, so you can connect your devices however you prefer. To connect your devices to WiFi, follow the steps below:
- Locate your WiFi (SSID) and password (WiFi key). You can find the SSID and WiFi key printed on the label on the bottom of the modem, as well as the card included in your self-installation kit
- Find the correct SSID from your device's list of available WiFi networks and enter your password
- To configure your WiFi network, enter 192.168.1.254 into the address bar of your preferred web browser
Tip: The SpinTel 5G Wireless Modem supports the 2.4GHz & 5GHz network frequency bands. The 2.4GHz band is suited for those with larger homes with multiple devices in separate rooms to the modem. The 5GHz network allows for faster WiFi speeds over short distances and should be used when you're within close range to the modem.