Check if the model of your Asus modem is listed here, otherwise, check the below generic guide for your reference.
How do you know if your Asus modem is compatible with nbn?
There are 2 different types of ports you need to check whether your modem is compatible with the type of nbn service that you have on your premise.
1. DSL port - often grey in colour, uses RJ11 cable. This is the same as the old telephone cable you would use to plug your home phone into the wall socket.
2. WAN port - Also known as the internet port that uses RJ-45 Ethernet cable to connect your Asus modem to the nbn connection device.
Some modems have both of these ports, and some only have one. To identify which port is required for your nbn type of service, check the table below.
Modem connection type
Fibre to the Premise
Hybrid Fibre Coaxial
Fibre to the Curb
Fibre to the Node
VDSL Modem required
Fibre to the Basement
VDSL Modem required
How Do You Set up Your Asus Modem?
If there is no NBN Connection Box installed, connect the DSL port on the back of your Asus modem to your phone wall socket using a phone cable.
If there is an NBN Connection Box installed, connect to the WAN/Internet port on the back of your modem to your NBN Connection Box.
Connect any of the LAN ports on the back of your modem to your PC (optional)
Plug the NBN connection box, if there’s any, to the power socket
Connect the power port on the back of your modem to your power socket.
How Do You Log Into Your Asus Modem?
To access the modem interface, please make sure your device is connected to your Asus modem through a wired or wireless connection.
1. Open a web browser and enter 192.168.1.1 or http://router.asus.com in the address bar, then press [Enter].
If the IP address does not work or if it has been changed, check your router's IP address. For instructions, click here.
2. Enter admin for both the username and password and click Login. If you have changed the login credentials, please enter the current username and password for your modem interface.
How do you configure your Asus modem?
1. From the navigation panel, go to Advanced Settings > WAN > Internet Connection tab
2. From the WAN Connection Type drop down list, select PPPoE.
3. Enter the username and password provided in your email when the order was completed.
4. Click Apply to update the setting.
Wait 3-5 minutes for the modem to go online, then test the service.